Sunday, November 2, 2014

Chrome Apps to Aid Struggling Readers

On Tuesday I will have the pleasure of meeting with a graduate class at Long Island University's Rockland County campus.  Janice Hurewitz, the course instructor, is my former principal and it is an honor that she asked me to join some of my other esteemed colleagues to speak.

The class is focused on interventions for struggling readers, so it is no surprise to anyone that I chose to focus on how GAFE and Chrome Apps can help.  I probably could have spent an entire day or even week talking about the ways students can benefit from interventions with Google apps.  After much debate I decided to just focus on a few options.

Below is what I came up with... (BTW I mention Padlet as a backchanneling tool, but there are so many ways that Padlet can be utilized to also help struggling readers).


No comments:

Post a Comment